THE MACHU PICCHU MOTORCYCLE TOUR
Highlights: Machu Picchu, Málaga Pass and Sacred Valley
Duration: 3 days
Route: Asphalt and dirtroad
Departure: At request
We will depart from Cusco heading north-east where we will pass by the villages of Chinchero, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. From here we will take the road to Quillabamba crossing the Málaga Pass (4,315 meters above sea level). Aat this point we will stop to appreciate the beautiful landscape, mountains and snow-peaked mountains.
We will descend going through the villages of Huayopata, Huyro and Santa Maria, until we find the Vilcanota River. Then we will continue our ride and take the train at “Hidroelectrica” train station where we will leave the motorcycles and equipment behind. We will continue by train to the town of “Aguas Calientes” where we will spend the night.
Early, the second day, we will take the bus to the Inca City of Machupicchu. Together with our cultural guide we will get to know the city in about 4 hours. We will be able to see the “Intiwatana” (solar clock) and the different parts and spaces around this amazing city considered on the list of the seven wonders of the world.
Very early in the morning we will take the train heading towards “Hidroelectrica”. After arrival we will take our bikes and equipment heading towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here we will be able to appreciate the archeological sites of Pisaq, Moray and the Maras salt mines, and later we will continue our tour to the village of Chinchero, famous for its Inca textile work. Finally we will continue heading towards Cusco.
End of our services.
- Minimum of 2 motorcycles
- Cost additional passenger US$ 350.00
- You can make the tour as a single motorcyclist for an additional amount of US$ 250.00 upon the normal price
The price includes:
- Adventure motorcycle guide
- Motorcycle (Honda XR 250cc Tornado / Suzuki DR 650)
- Safety equipment (helmet, gloves and jacket)
- Physical insurance obliged by Peruvian law (SOAT)
- Train from “Hidroelectrica” station to Machupicchu
- Bus from Aguas calientes to Machupicchu and return
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu
- First- and middle-class hotels with private shower and toilet, standard breakfast included
Is not included:
- Personal expenses
- Full risk insurance US$ 250.00
- 4x4 support truck/transport of luggage with driver included. Cost per day US$ 140, fuel is not included
- GPS (Tom Tom) Rental (US$ 20 per day)
- Photo & video cam “GoPro” (US$ 20 per day)
- Rain suit (US$ 10 per day)
- Dry bag (US$ 5 per day)
- Tank bag (US$ 10 per day)
- Metal sidebox (US$ 20 per day)
- Extra helmet (US$ 5 per day)
- Additional motorbike equipment
Contact us for more information.